This Bio information is for Andrew Outhwaite, founder.
An experienced practitioner, strategic advisor, influential leader and ethical professional. I specialise in strategies and mentoring to grow location-specific innovations that deliver benefits locally and for society more widely.
Currently focused on working with organisations and individuals who are leading significant, systemic change in: regional communities, scaleable technologies, or creating unique lineages or new domains of value.
“Enable for others what they can not for themselves, and which we must do together, to serve humanity better”
I am a professional facilitator, leading social innovator and independent researcher. For fifteen years I’ve lead new ventures and programs to improve long-term effectiveness of companies, cities and communities. The last ten years in particular have been spent in Geraldton, Western Australia, an ideal location for refining new models for ecological sustainability, deliberative democracy, and social innovation.
In 2010 I co-founded Pollinators Inc, a member-based social enterprise, recognised across Australia as a sustainable and effective model for nurturing people and innovations that enable healthy, resilient communities. I am currently Chair of StartupWA leading technology advocacy, co-founder and facilitator with Meshpoints mentoring regional innovation practitioners, and undertaking independent research into innovation and ethics.
Andrew’s experience includes
- Developing and implementing innovation strategies for local, regional and state governments,
- Facilitating creative and strategic conferences, communities of practice and one-off events,
- Attracting investment to social enterprises e.g. addressing homelessness in the UK, science in WA,
- Mentoring European corporations on cultural change towards increased sustainability,
- Director roles with community organisations including banks, sporting clubs, and advocacy groups.
My qualifications include Masters in Strategic Leadership Towards Sustainability, Honours in Marine Science, Certificates in Training and Assessment, and professional accreditations in leadership development, governance, facilitation and social return on investment.