Complete the form to compare quotes for Garden State Life Medicare Supplement or call (614) 402-5160
Garden State Life Medicare Supplement History
Garden State Life began in 1956 in New Jersey, but they are now located in League City, Texas. They are part of the American National Insurance Company family of companies which has earned an A (Excellent) rating by A.M. Best. The company’s outlook is stable. Garden State services families throughout the nation to help them manage the financial stress of healthcare costs and fill in the gaps original Medicare leaves.
It became part of National Insurance Company along with Standard Life and Accident Insurance Company, American National Life Insurance Company of Texas, American National Life Insurance Company of New York. It also includes Farm Family Casualty Company, United Farm Family Insurance Company, and American National Property and Casualty Company.
Garden State Medicare Supplement Plans
Garden State Life Insurance Company allows applicants to apply on paper, online, or over-the-phone. Regardless of which method you to choose, one of our agents will be with you throughout this to be sure you provide the best and accurate information possible.
Medicare Supplement plans include A, F, G, and N, as well as plans M and HDG in some states. You can purchase a policy with them if you live in CA, CO, DE, ID, IL, KS, KY, LA, MD, MI, MO, NC, OK, OR, PA, SD, TN, TX, or WI. Plan F is only available for those who were eligible for Medicare before January 1, 2020.
If you currently have your Medicare Supplement with Standard Life Insurance Company or American National Life Insurance Company of Texas, you can change to the Garden State Medicare Supplement without any health questions asked! Your acceptance into the same plan, or a lesser plan is guaranteed without any medical review.
For example, if you have a Standard Life plan F, you can have the Garden State plan F regardless of your health conditions. If you want to lower your premiums even more, then you should consider a lessor plan like the G or N. Plans G and N will include the younger, and sometimes healthier applicants newly turning 65. Plan F will not.
Most states offer a 7% household discount if you and another adult with whom you reside with both have Garden State Life Insurance Company Medicare Supplement plan or you are both in the process of applying for it. Idaho is the only state to not offer this discount, but a few states offer the same discount with the same terms under a different name.
As is the case with most Medicare Supplement providers, Garden State offers both tobacco and non-tobacco rates.
The following is a brief description of conditions that will disqualify you. This is not an all-inclusive list and does not apply if you are in an Open Enrollment or Guarantee Issue period. You’ll be declined if any of the health-related questions are answered “Yes.”
There are some conditions where if the condition can be classified by severity. If the condition is mild to moderate or well controlled with maintenance therapy, you may be able to get coverage. You also need to meet the height and weight guidelines seen on the right.
If you are currently bedridden, living in any type of facility, receiving home healthcare or in the hospital now, you should not apply for coverage.
Medical Care in the last 24 months:
If you were hospitalized or in a nursing home or had home healthcare more than one time, you need to wait until it’s been 2 years. Applicants that needed assistance or supervision with activities of daily living or used a walker, wheelchair or cane also should hold off. If it’s been more than 2 years, you can apply for the Garden State Medicare Supplement.
You need to postpone applying if you have been advised to have treatment, diagnostic testing, or surgery by a medical professional in the past year that has not been completed. If you are still waiting on results, we need to wait until you have them. This does not include testing for the HIV antibodies or virus.
Conditions In The Last 24 months: Treatment, taken medication or initially diagnosed
- Suffered a fracture of the spine or hip.
- Advised to have cataract surgery
- Taken prescription medication for: Cancer (excluding basal or squamous cell), Hodgkin’s disease, leukemia, or melanoma.
- Congestive heart failure, coronary artery disease, peripheral vascular disease, circulatory disorder, heart disease, enlarged heart, transient ischemic attack (TIA), stroke, heart or heart valve surgery, angioplasty, cardiac defibrillator, pacemaker, or stent implant.
- Uncontrolled or insulin dependent diabetes. An amputation or eye disease due to diabetes.
- Emphysema, chronic bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), or any chronic pulmonary disease requiring the use of oxygen.
- Ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease
- Kidney failure, nephritis, renal insufficiency, kidney disease, or gangrene.
Less Common Conditions That Can Effect Your Insurability
- Chronic cystitis or Addison’s disease.
- Cirrhosis of the liver, hepatitis.
- A disease of the pancreas or prostate not cured by surgery or treatment.
- ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease), muscular dystrophy, myasthenia gravis, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, neuropathy, or paralysis.
- Alcohol or drug use
- An ostomy due to a disease
- An organ transplant other than for corneas
Other Conditions That Could Affect Your Approval
You don’t need to be in perfect health to be accepted. Even if you have a major health issue, you may still be eligible for coverage. The condition generally needs to be mild to moderate in severity and well controlled with maintenance therapy. They’ll also consider your daily activities and lifestyle. Each condition has its own requirements so we’ll go over the details before you apply for coverage. Some of these conditions are:
- Amputations, Anxiety, Arthritis, and Asthma.
- Coronary artery disease, depression, dizziness/vertigo, heart arrhythmia, heart attack or bypass surgery.
- Osteoporosis, seizures, tremors and urinary incontinence.
We can help you apply and get the Best Quote for your coverage. We’ll search an extensive database of companies to find the best Medicare Supplement plan that works for you.